Euroclear Sweden is looking for a Risk Manager to assist us in building tomorrow's financial infrastructure for 10 months during a parental leave. If you want insights in the operations within financial market infrastructure, focusing on the client in an international company, then we believe that you might be the right candidate for this role.
Euroclear Sweden plays a central role in the Swedish financial market. As the Swedish Central Securities Depository, we hold the register for almost all shares and debt instruments, keep the book entry register and settle securities transactions.
The Risk team in Sweden consists of three team member covering all risk types assisted by the central Risk Management Division in Brussels, consisting of more than 60 experts and advisors. The Risk team works closely with the specialists in first line to ensure efficient management of relevant risks such as clients, product & business practices as well as cyber, business disruption, recovery and business contingency.
This is a temporary role to cover a parental leave during 1 October 2020 to 30 June 2021.
We are looking for a structured, analytical, driven and people skilled person to drive the development of methods and processes to ensure that we are on top of the operational risks and that the risks are managed in line with industry practice. We expect you to:
• Build further on the existing strategy, methodology and tools related to Euroclear Sweden’s management processes together with our internal and external stakeholders
• Identify sources of operational risk, including new services, products, technology and incidents as well as propose recommendation for corrective actions
• Facilitate internal control framework implementation within different business areas
• Advise and challenge the business to effectively manage the operational risk inherent in their processes, activities and systems, specifically in relation to capital, recovery and business contingency planning
• Work on mapping, monitoring, compiling and reporting of risk information
• Provide risk education and training at all levels in line with this framework
• Preferably five years of working experience in risk management in the financial sector alternatively at least 3 years in risk management within a consultancy firm.
• Relevant university degree, preferably in business administration or engineering
• Excellent knowledge in operational risk and a thorough understanding of the financial regulatory environment
• Experience and basic knowledge of information security including cyber and technology risks or thorough knowledge of assessing operational risks including risk self-assessments and setting key risk indicators.
• Used to train and support employees
• In this role you work close with all staff categories and report to management, therefore good communication skills are required
• Very good English, spoken and written. Skills in Swedish is a plus.
• You are proactive and used to work in a well-structured way with a high focus on quality
• High integrity and good ability to work in a team as well as independently
Euroclear is cooperating with Human Capital and referes all contact regarding the position to Max Hedgren, email@example.com. Please send your resume today as the interviews are held continuously.
Euroclear Sweden has been the Swedish Central Securities Depository since 1971. The company provides a digital platform for settlement, safe-keeping and servicing of securities, which contributes to secure and efficient trading in the Swedish financial market. Since 2008, the company is part of Euroclear group, which includes Euroclear Bank - rated AA+ by Fitch Ratings and AA by Standard & Poor’s - as well as Euroclear Belgium, Euroclear Finland, Euroclear France, Euroclear Nederland, Euroclear Sweden and Euroclear UK & Ireland. http://www.euroclear.com/